Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The Journey Home

Well, I'm about half way through my long journey home. Convoyed out last Sat. from Kabul to the airfield in Central Afghanistan. The put you up in huge circus tents with creaky plywood floors and cots...luckily I only had to spend one night there. Jumped on a C-17 the next morning and got to Ali Al Salem Airbase in Kuwait.
Lucky me found out once I got here that I will be spending 5 lovely nights here before they transport us to the other base in Southern Kuwait where we out process. Other than being bored, its not too bad. Smaller and quieter tents (still have to use my earplugs though). Its pretty hot here in the middle of the day...105. All I've been doing is sleeping, eating, working out, watching movies and reading books...not too bad a life, but I'm ready to be home!!!

1 comment:

lduplan said...

I just saw the camel picture from qatar. Can you bring one of them home for lilly to play with?