Tuesday, July 8, 2008

4th of July


Hey everyone. Its been forever since I updated the blog. There really hasn't been anything interesting to post. The forth of July here was pretty good. A nice little celebration with some pretty good food. I sure missed drinking a couple beers and grilling though.





The morning was kicked off with a pretty unique flag raising. The flag you see here was recovered in the Phillipines after a typhoon in 2000. This flag reportedly came from one of 5 Navy ships sunk in the Phillipines during the opening days of WWII. The flag is going to be donated to a military cemetery in the Phillipines.




After the ceremony, the day was spent relaxing and enjoying some pretty good BBQ. There was a dunk tank and pie eating contest, but I was just a by stander.

5 comments:

g-gauthier said...

they have any barbque camel? always wondered what that taste like?

Jacques said...

you look like you've lost weight...maybe I need to try the Afghanistan diet.

judgejudy said...

We are so proud of you. I loved the flag story. Love MOM PS I am about to post total mile so far

kayddid2002 said...

Marcel, finally got your blog info from your MOM. We sure miss having you around in VA, miss doing cook-outs with you and Lorie. Uncle Casey & I have been traveling a lot since May - we are in San Diego now for a week. The week before the 4th,we were at SweetBay and the fishing was good and even got about a dozen crabs. What about those camel spiders? I have a friend who was there and that was all she could talk about. We think of you often and keep you in our prayers. Hugs, Aunt K

Unknown said...

glad I got to "see" you today! in case I forget to check the lovely family calendar on Friday happy early birthday! love, Allison