Monday, May 19, 2008

Site Visit to Gardez

Hey all, just got back today from a visit to a future project site in Gardez. Gardez is about 60 miles south of Kabul. Flew out there on a Mi-8 Russian Helo and then flew back on a small prop plane. The helo ride was awesome, got some good pictures of the landscape.
We stayed with the Army Corps of Engineers and their accomodations were pretty nice. Gardez is at about 8,000 ft. above sea level so I was definately feeling it.


My job is going to be as a construction program manager for the Afghan National Police. We are building them everything from Headquarters compounds to training facilities and everything in between. Looks like it will be a pretty interesting experience.


Still need to get some pictures of our Camp here is Kabul to post.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Bud, awesome updates! Sounds like quite the adventure. I'm sure that you will have some interesting challenges working with the Afghan contractors. Best of luck and keep posting!

judgejudy said...

Neat pictures! Definitely does not have an "a" in it. I am correcting you for A. Love MOM

AFBrat said...

Lorie forgot to send us the link.

It looks to be a very beautiful and interesting place not like one expects.

It must be exciting to know that you are doing something to help the people in the area.

I hope you have a great birthday tomorrow. It's on a Friday so at lease you will get to sleep late
Love Pat your mother in law